Step by step guidance
On this page:
The following steps outline what you should expect after conditional acceptance of your manuscript, in compliance with the AEA Data and Code Availability Policy:
- Prepare your data and code replication package (including data citations and provenance information)
- Provide metadata and upload the replication package, for verification and subsequently publication.
- Submit the Data and Code Availability Form together with your manuscript native files as instructed, and as per guidelines at your journal (for example, AER guidelines).
- The editorial office assigns the manuscript to the AEA Data Editor.
- The AEA Data Editor team downloads materials, conducts reproducibility checks , writes report.
- The report is communicated to the editorial office and the Editor of the journal.
- If accepted, the manuscript is copy-edited, and published together with the data deposit as provided by the author.
- If changes need to be made, the report is communicated to the authors, who make changes, until the replication package is accepted.